Wednesday, March 20, 2013

2013 The Year of New

2013 The Year of NEW

I know that this blog is about two months late, but I've been writing it over and over in my mind and waiting until now so I could write everything that I wanted to. My new year started off packing up my things, quitting my job and then finding out I was pregnant and then getting on a plane and moving to New York the next day! It's been quite an adjustment but I think we are finally getting the hang of how everything is done here. A few of my favorite things so far: 
  • The food- pretty much anything I get is delicious. 
  • The views around the city
  • The fact that you can have pretty much anything delivered to your door. 
  • The weight/inches I've lost walking around the city since getting here. Turns out it was a good thing I brought my "one day I will fit into those again" jeans. They all fit now!
A few things I dislike
  • The cold and seemingly constant winter phase we are in. Can't it be Summer yet?
  • On cold days I miss having a car to escape the cold in - but I don't miss having to pay for everything that comes with having a car. 
  • Higher prices
Grocery shopping has been the biggest learning curve I think. I have yet to try doing my grocery shopping online but I will soon. It seems like a win win to get the same prices on most things online, and then have them deliver it to you saving you lots of walking and pushing your groceries home in a cart. (not a shopping cart, but your own little cart you use around the city to get things back and forth)


When 2013 started I had no idea the extent of how many new changes I would experience in such a short time. I live in a new city, a new lifestyle, new job, and a new baby (to come). This has been quite an interesting roller coaster in first few months of this new year. Here's hoping the rest of the year will bring more fun and adventures...and some warm sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment